Singing Lesson 1
Today, we begin with the "first lesson" on singing:
- First of all, if you don't try, you'll never be able to sing. This is
obvious, but important to note. So, as you begin to sing, you'll need two
- privacy (find a place to sing where you can really be alone--being
self-conscious will hurt your effort.)
- a mirror--Because singing is a physical activity, you'll need to check on some things to insure that you're using the "proper" technique.
- If you can, download the hymn so that you can sing along with the hymn, Holy, Holy, Holy.
- When you begin to sing, don't be afraid to sing strongly. (Another good
reason for practicing in private!) We're not talking about yelling-that's not
good. But, you need a fair amount of volume if the muscles are to work properly.
- So to begin, do the following:
- Sing along with our recording of Holy, Holy, Holy. Sing it several times making sure that you keep up with the melody. Don't worry about "quality". Just stay in time with the music.
- Stand/sit straight. (We'll have much more about this at a later time. Just
know, it's important!)
- Try to watch yourself and your posture in a mirror.
- Sing strongly-and don't be self conscious.
simple, don't you agree? Remember: Everyone has talent! You can sing. Begin