Kids Choir Camp 2009: Hallelujah!
To: The Consistory of Seventh Reformed Church
From: Paul L. Lusher, Director of Music
Re: Kids Choir Camp
Another year of KIDS CHOIR CAMP is in the books and we are again grateful to the Lord for His incredible goodness
in watching over KCC. It was a wonderful week for the children and for Seventh Reformed Church. The prayers of the congregation
and the many staff associates were answered in a powerful way. As I do each year, let me summarize some of the highlights for you:
- The unique spiritual content of the Camp was strong with the hymns and anthems reinforcing the various themes and Scripture memory for the week.
This year we focused on David: Shepherd, Singer, Warrior and King. Because of the relationship of Jesus Christ to David (in
the New Testament, Jesus is portrayed as David's Greater Son) the progression of the week culminated in presentation of Jesus Christ as King of Kings!
- We had our most challenging week of Scripture memorization. All children memorized Psalm 23, while the older children memorized both Psalm 23 and Psalm 100.
Our (memorized) theme verses were Psalm 56:3 and Psalm 20:7.
- One hundred and fifty-seven Campers were present during the week! (Our goal is 120 Campers, so this made the Camp a little
more strenuous than normal!) As usual, children from outside the church attended the Camp, including a number from our immediate
neighborhood, roughly an area of 2 miles around the church. 44 churches (a record) were represented at the Camp, with some Campers listing "no church affiliation," "looking for a church," etc.
- A staff of almost 60 associates was one of the great highlights of the week. I can honestly say that every staff memeber contributed
to the success of the week. We have been blessed each year with a staff of wonderful directors, musicians and a variety of GREAT associates.
And as has been the case for the last several years, the attitude of our associates, every day! was outstanding. God's grace was evident in each staff member!
They were "Christian Soldiers" marching to a unified mission--and beat! We sing "Hallelujah!"
- The concluding Festival of Praise on Friday evening was again the high point of the week. Including the Campers, we had our largest attendance ever. Nearly 700 people were in attendance.
Also, thanks to the Senior Choir for their participation in the eveniing. All of the music presented during the concert was memorized, which is no small feat!
- All in all, it was a week of great enthusiasm and joy--including many, many positive comments from parents, thanking Seventh Reformed for the privilege of having
their children attend the camp. We continue to praise the Lord for this great opportunity. It was a wonderful week for Seventh Reformed Church and the work of the Gospel!